Asus Laptop can't recover using the recovery disc!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluefairydus, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bluefairydus

bluefairydus Private E-2

Hi everyone! I am very new here, Still learning(at least trying) all about computer tech! Thank you for reading!

* I have a Asus L4L, XP,

Few days ago, my laptop I think crashed. I was trying to recover it by using the recovery disc but it failed me.

Before I say anything. I have to admit that I was very very stupid that I didn't back up my files... and there are many important photos of my father whom passed away 3 years ago....so here I am asking for your help...

I wanted to save all my file under D: so I chose to recover with recover to first partition only.

First time I tried, in the middle of the recovery it showed > PowerQuest PQImage window and wanted me to insert media 2 containing file"Y:\ASUS.002 into drive Y" OK or No ( I don't believe i have the kinds of disc anyway)after I pressed OK then it showed, The media does not contain the file. But if I press No then it stop reccover. I had to reboot from that point.

Then I tried it again it showd error#1822, Error: No partitions selected...

I tried it with the XP disc, same thing happened.

Then I tried reboot to window xp, it showed rebooting to windows XP then C:\PQER....

I am really lost and have no idea what's happening with my laptop. I really need your help!

Thank you so much!

Blue.

2. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

Probably not what you want to hear, but if you are not familiar with reinstalls etc, and the pics are important, pehaps try a data recovery company first to get the images. The reason why I say this is I lost a whole partitioned drive of core files, by which I mean my PhD work once exactly through this infernal process, a reinstall in one partition made both partitions unreadible. I wish I had not messed with the drive and thought a bit more about the process at the time and got the data off first. Luckily I had backed most of my data up.

3. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Why not plug the drive into another computer ... ?

Plus most brand name PCs and Laptops have two partitions ... if that ... one recovery (if a post 08 model) and one if pre 08 ... all recovery systems do a low level format before reinstall ... your best of plugging it into a friends computer and recovering your personal files before recovering.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds