No Sound From Any Browser!

Discussion in 'Software' started by RM Commando, Jun 10, 2009.

1. RM Commando

RM Commando Private E-2

I cannot seem to get any sound from any of my browsers at all!

i get sound from games, itunes and WMP but not the browsers

ive re-installed flash player 10, the latest firefox + beta version, made sure all of the sound settings are correct and checked and that all of my speakers are working.

ive also tried adding the new value in ...Driver32 but no luck :confused

any ideas?

2. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Hello RM Commando, and Welcome to Major Geeks.

As far as your settings under your volume control. Are you sure the proper/latest drivers are installed? Also, have you checked under Volume Controls, to verify that all of these are increased to the maximum. As majority of the time sounds will use the "wave" bar in this. Try that, and see if that helps. If not, we'll take another look at it.

Also, have you tried running it in Internet Explorer to see if your having any issues?
    Thanks,

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. RM Commando

RM Commando Private E-2

thanks for the reply guys,

yeah I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek sound drivers, ive tried everything on that website and all of my sound controls are unmuted and turned up.

:/

5. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Question.
    Has it ever worked before?
    Whats the make and model of your PC?
    Are you sure you have your speakers in the right port if they're external speakers?
    If they're internal... Is it possible they may have got damaged?

Thanks,

6. RM Commando

RM Commando Private E-2

hey,

yeah it has worked before, i have all three sockets being taken up by subs connected to speakers. when i turn the sound up on a video on youtube, i can hear the sound vaguely from the subwoofer but thats about it. All other sound that are not linked to the browser work fine.

im going to have a crack and reinstall the drivers associated with the motherboard. wish me luck ^_^

7. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Hmm,

Seems like a bad connection or something. Yeah. Definately re-install the drivers, or even see if you have another set of speakers you can test on just to see if its your speakers that is the issue. Or the drivers

Best of Luck :)

8. RM Commando

RM Commando Private E-2

yeah :-D after 3 months of no internet browser sound it works! :D

u installed the motherboard driver and re installed it and it works :cool must have been a dodgy file or something

thanks for your help guys :major

RM Commando

9. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

You're welcome dude. Have a great one. :)

Enjoy your new sound :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds