IE Users

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Try this accelerator out, it integrates with IE, but also has option and can set tabs to clear cache, popups, etc. I cant find any spyware attached to it and its free. The buttons dont show up with browsers like Avant, but its just doing its job and no need for me to interfere.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4022

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

MA,

The screenshot is weird for this. Looks on my screen as though somebody fluffed up. I have the bg of an ad and the message that a file is being downloaded. Nothing to do with the util the screenshot is supposed to show.

3. Major Attitude

That is the screenshot, it simply shows a different download box is all, thats a screenshot of me downloading. I guess I could show options box or something

4. moif

moif Private E-2

Tried it and did not care for it and now I can`t uninstall it with add/remove or regcleaner. Any other way? Thanks. moif

5. Major Attitude

Im curious why you did not like it. I updated the screenshot. I love this program, it seamlessly downloads programs with acceleration without bothering me.

It says to uninstall, simply go to add\remove programs and uninstall. Let me know if you have troubles, so I can try it here and contact them as well as warn our readers. Since it integrates with IE, I suggest closing your browser before uninstalling.

6. moif

moif Private E-2

It appeared like it was drawing me into some stuff that cost money that I did not need. There is nothing in my add/remove that resembles this accelerator. I see it in regcleaner but everytime I remove them they keep reappearing. Can`t seem to get rid of it.

7. Major Attitude

Hmm, have not seen anything like that, but its not on my toolbar, so I am not clicking the buttons, if it was, I would right click my toolbar in IE and remove what it shows. Im using Avant and it is not compatible as far as showing up as a toolbar, so its awesome. Anyhow, its in your start,programs and there is an uninstall option.

Attached Files:

8. moif

moif Private E-2

Thank you, While I was waiting I ran adaware and it came up with 56 (no lie) hits from eaccelerator.

9. 187MDK

187MDK Guest

got it and running it... have yet to see how it works....

10. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

dumb question, but since I use Mozilla, this thing is of no use to me?

11. Major Attitude

I believe it is for IE only, I am afraid. Ad-Aware now shows Eaccelerator for me as well, though it did not the first 5 times I used it...

12. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I have another toolbar that blocks pop-ups and i fear that they may fight with each other over which gets to kill the pop-up first. It's a google toolbar, and getting rid of it is out of the question, so is there a version with no pop-up stopping capabilities?

edit: on the page, you mispelled a word: standart (10th line, 5th word)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  13. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

The Horror!

The program does not have an uninstaller in the add/remove programs dialog. The uninstaller it does have is located in it's directory, and doesn't completely uninstall it.

Also, on a side note, the uninstaller brings you to a page asking for feedback that has serious problems.

14. Major Attitude

! simply unselected any popup options in the drop down and no problems here.

Ill check the spelling error, thanks.

Not quite, read above, uninstall is in your start menu.

Dont know of too many programs that do completely uninstall.

15. moif

moif Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds