Messed up internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Twinz1482, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Twinz1482

Twinz1482 Private E-2

My internet is messing up. I know its not my router or anything, because my other computer works just fine. My XP, the messed up one, was having some problems so I reformatted but my internet was still going slow and messing up. Sometimes it won't load pages at all, or I will have to refresh the page like 3 or 4 times to get it to load, and most times it won't load fully. Also, when I'm on the internet my computer may randomly restart and when it comes back on it will say have some message about the it. Some of my programs, that are not browsers are having problems also. The only thing it doesn't have a problem with is downloading things. If it helps in any way my XP is wired and my Vista, the ok one, is wireless.

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Network Interface Card. As the XP is wired, and Vista is not, that is a possibility. Start by checking it in the Device Manager.

3. Twinz1482

Twinz1482 Private E-2

I found the problem... Norton was my computer when I reformatted, and as soon as I got rid of it my computer started working properly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds