Windows firewall, cant access it

Discussion in 'Software' started by agentG, Jan 3, 2010.

1. agentG

agentG Private E-2

I have just tried to access windows firewall settings in xp and im getting the message that i cant access its settings because the associated service isnt running and it asks if i would like to start the firwall/internet connection sharing service (ics), when i click on yes it says it cant start the service, i have also tried to start it in services but i get the error message the dependancy service does not exist or has been marked for deletion, im not sure what to do now, any ideas?

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

First thing to do is a system restore to a point before this started happening then return to MG and complete READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide as i would think you are infected in some way and something has turned of a dependent service thats requires that service to start !

Rusty ! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds