Slow startup after power loss

Discussion in 'Software' started by hellzscream, Mar 16, 2009.

1. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Hello so yesterday the power went out 3 times in a row 30seconds between each outage. Now when I start my pc it takes like 3minutes to make it to the login screen then like 15minutes to load all my startup programs. During the time it is loading the startup programs everything will be extremely slow like trying to open another program won't work until after everything is loaded. After everything is loaded I get this Hp Boot Optimizer send error report and the pc runs normally after all the start up items load. So does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

2. hellzscream

okay it seems the pathing for a lot of programs is messed up because most programs are asking for me to browse the file.

3. hellzscream

I just checked the program files and like half the folders are missing. What doesnt make sense is that for example my wc3 folder in program files is missing and I can still play the game also my hd is the same size as before.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds