Missingh DVD/CD driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lobo43, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Lobo43

Lobo43 Private E-2

Hello,

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and apparently I have lost the driver to one of my two cd/dvd drivers and I would like to know how I can retrieved or reinstall the missing driver w/o paying for the driver up date.

Sincerely,
    Lowell Shoaf

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

We're not the only people that reported missing internal optical drives in Windows 10.

I used that registry file on my computer with Windows 10 Pro and it said the operation completed successfully BUT — when I would restart the computer, the optical drive disappeared again. I had to put a CD or DVD in the drive, go into Device Manager and scan for hardware changes before it would show up again in device manager or disk management — for that session ONLY.

I uninstalled Windows 10 and I don't think I'm going to re-install it. I'm quite happy with a working Windows 8.1.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds