Remote Access

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-40a78c2a22, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Anon-40a78c2a22

Anon-40a78c2a22 Anonymized

Hello,

I want to avoid having to take my computer back and forth between the office and home. I would like to be able to access my permanent computer at the office from anywhere in the world via an Internet connection on my laptop.

Can you please advise me of my best options. I would like something secure, lightweight, and intuitive. If free options exist, and are just as good, then I would like to explore these too.

Thank you for your expert opinion.

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You can try Team Viewer. It's free and supposedly easy to use (I haven't used it myself). Windows XP has built-in remote desktop support via Windows Messenger. This I have used and it's fairly easy to get going. You do need someone on each PC to get it working. Read this article on the Microsoft TechNet on how to set up remote assistance using Windows Messenger.

4. Anon-40a78c2a22

Anon-40a78c2a22 Anonymized

Thank you for both of your replies. I checked out both of the programmes' websites and I will give LogMeIn a try and see how it turns out as this may be more what I am looking for (i.e., Team Viewer gave me the impression I would require two physical people to make it work: one on each computer)

Cheers.

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds