Adobe Flash 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drift King, May 24, 2009.

1. Drift King

Drift King Private E-2

Hello,

I'm having trouble with Adobe Flash Player 10 on Firefox. I currently have Firefox 3.0.10 and am running Windows 2000 (both of which meets the requirement for Flash 10 usage). Every time I play video on sites, such as Youtube, the video would flicker. What I mean by flicker is that the video image would repeatedly go from big to small and then to big again. I hope I'm making sense. The problem occurs only with Flash 10 and Firefox. If I run IE with Flash 10, the video would work perfectly. The same goes for Flash 9 and Firefox.

The only reason I don't want to continue using Flash 9 with Firefox is that certain sites now require that I use Flash 10... not to mention that I hate using Internet Explorer. I've tried searching around for solutions on google. Some have recommended to uncheck 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' from the settings menu. I've tried that, but it didn't work.

Would appreciate advice. Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would try uninstalling Flash with this uninstaller then run CCleaner and its cleaner and registry tools (run the registry one until nothing shows) reason is an older file maybe resident on your pc that is causing this.

Then re-install Flash for Firefox again.

3. Drift King

Drift King Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion... uninstalled Flash using the program you linked. Then, ran Ccleaner (both the cleaner and the registry). However, the problem still persists. The video would continue to flicker. I noticed that there are 4 problems that I can't seem to remove from the registry Ccleaner as listed below, even though I ran the registry Ccleaner couple times. I have listed it below:

Problem / Data / Registry key
    1) Unused File Extension / .pud - War2ed95.Document / HKCR\.pud
    2) ActiveX/Com Issue / LocalServer32\C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe / HKCR\CLSID\{0BE09CC1-42E0-11DD-AE16-0800200C9A66}
    3) ActiveX/Com Issue / InProcServer32\C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx / HKCR\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96BB-444553540000}
    4) ActiveX/Com Issue / InProcServer32\C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx / HKCR\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96BB-444553540000}

I hope you can offer further advice. Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try the uninstall again and cleanup (do remember to do this with no browsers open), but this time navigate to this location C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash\ and delete all the contents of this folder, then reboot and re-install Flash.

Even try the above from Safe Mode, just incase a file is in use and is not fully uninstalled.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds