Clean Install/Upgrade of Windows Vista to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by training4life, May 18, 2011.

1. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Hello! I'll be doing a clean install/upgrade of my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Professional. Can you anyone give me guides or tips on how to do this properly?

I'm also planning on backing up all the data (or some of it) in my Acer Aspire 5738ZG and reformat it afterwards. Can anyone suggest any backup software that could do the trick?

Also, I have worries that if ever I upgrade to Windows 7 that some of the programs my laptop is using won't function. I have bad experience in laptops that upgrade from one OS to another. Some of the functions in that certain laptop didn't worked after the upgrade like the shortcut keys in the keyboard (e.g. LCD Lightness, Sound Volume, Bluetooth, etc.) What should I do to avoid this?

Hope anyone could help me out. Thanks!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Well, from you brand of laptop, it looks like you can get drivers for windows 7, if ye need them.

Are ye doing a clean install or an upgrade? I see you put in clean install/upgrade. Just like to know which one.

3. training4life

training4life Sergeant

I prefer to do a clean install because I want to reformat my laptop first.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Can you also please suggest any backup software for me to use before reformatting?

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

7. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Alright. I'll try it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds