My Funny Story ;) Well, I thought it was Funny

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Adrynalyne, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Last night I went to see Spiderman 2.

Unfortunately, we were late in getting tickets so we had to sit up near the very front. Very annoying, but thats ok. There were some punk kids up front (High School) making a lot of noise, especially this big black kid. He was making comments like, look at that stupid **** etc. etc. Very reminiscnet of the news article Kodo linked to about Cosby speaking against this crap.

I lived with it for an hour. Its not like I could move where I was sitting. After an hour, I got fed up with it.

Now keep in mind I look like I was just released from prison, I haven't shaved in a week.

Me: SHUT UP!

Punk: What did you say?!

Me: I SAID SHUT UP!

Punk: F*** you!

*inserting as much promised violence as possible in my tone of voice*

Me: OK....

His friend glanced over at me. He promptly moved over to the far end of the isle.

They didn't make one peep for the rest of the movie, LOL.

They sat forward, and didn't move an inch.

I sat back and enjoyed the rest of the movie ;)

After the movie, my friend, his wife, and I got up to leave.

Another one of his friends looked over at me. I glanced back and he turned away real quick.

We left the screening room and went out into the main theater. I made a call to my wife and my friend's wife made a call. This is a relatively small theater. We were in the lobby for about 15 minutes after the movie. They never appeared, much to my amusement.

We got in our vehicles and went to leave.

It wasn't until we started to leave the parking lot that they came out of the theater, LOL.

I don't know, I thought it was funny the way they reacted. I had no intentions of fighting anyone, but they must have thought I was waiting outside with a baseball bat ;)

Score one for all the people who hate it when people talk during a movie :D

2. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

LOL

You saw Spiderman 2 already!?

I thought it came out July 30th....

Was it a sneak preview?

3. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Maybe you could start a side business as an 'Enforcer' :D

Remember that Pearl Jam song 'Jeremy'? ;)

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It came out here on wednesday.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

LOL, yep I know the song. Everyone in school made sure I knew about it LOL.

6. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

7. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Sweet, Oh Yes!;) :cool: :D

Oddly enough, one of those things that sometimes become easier with age. Less to lose maybe? (Egowise that is);)

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, the irony alanc is pointing out is my name is Jeremy :D

9. F18delta

F18delta Private E-2

Then this link is for you Ronnie. :D:D:D

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

ROFL!! ;)

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Probably :D

12. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Good one Adryn!! I love to hear about how punk kids piss out..

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hahahaha... very good! :D I had a load of twats sitting opposite us when i went to see the matrix revolutions, who were blatantly stealing the seats (there were people who had booked the seats they were sitting in) and none of the cinema staff did ANYTHING. Probably because they were too scared.

14. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I love to hear this kind of stories. Like xflat says. Most punks are just punks

15. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

Yes,
    Sometimes people have to give direction. That kind of carrying on is not good.
    Good for you for taking them to task!

HaHa.
    Hillary said: "It takes a villiage to raise a child."

That's more true if the villiage is responsible adults and not the state (via state-run school system).

Way to go, Adrynalyne!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds