mobile pentium 3 multiplier change?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ACE 256, Jul 14, 2005.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I just put a P3 650 in my laptop but its running at 500 ( 100x5 ) does any one know of a way to force a higher multiplier in software ?? I bref google search found nothing... I looked in the bios thare is nothing .. Running underclocked is ganna kill me [​IMG] ....

2. ACE 256

I just whant it to run stock its running 500 not the stock 650 .... Dont get me wrong id like to overclock it too ...Its running WAY cooler then the 300 that it had when i got it i the cooling fan hasent turned on once....( and yes it is connected right ) Im just looking for software that will let me change the X in real time .....I know the bios wont help me do any thing ( damn compaq bioses have nothing in them :( )

3. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Would you try Crystal CPUID ...... :D

4. ACE 256

did..... no go ... The x controles were grayed out .......Tryed CPUMSR too ( it dident help with the x ether but it did let me enable the L2 cache ( witch the bios disabled by defalt o_O ).....
    Im thinking i can go the FSB rout the 44bx chipset does support 133MHz FSB ( my asus p2b-f did ).... 133FSB x 5 ~ 660 I know softFSB or clockgen will work but i cant find what PLL chip it has and i realy dont whanna take it back apart just to find what PLL it has ......

5. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

like the others mobo and softs I think it will be ICS or winbond, .....I remember there is a soft that we choose it for set up FSB.

6. ACE 256

Took the lappy apart its a ICS 9179BF-03 I dont see it in softfsb or CPUFSB .......

7. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

Are you sure the laptop even supports a p3 650? Sounds to me, that it can't run at your requested speed. So, the previous speed was 300, now it is 500 with the new chip. Perhaps 500 is the max that the laptop can handle.....

/me shrugs.

9. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'm looking to upgrade my laptop P2/400 to P3. I know it will support this. Where did you get your P3 from? Can you provide a link to your source? Thanks, Bazza

===

10. ACE 256

www.ebay.com My CPU was mmc-2 ....and no the lappy does NOT support a 100 MHz bus and does NOT support a faster CPU then 400 ( 66x6) ..But its running a 100 FSB great right now ( prime and mem test stable for 24 hours ) It has a 44bx chipset witch does support 100 MHz fsb and even 133 maybe ( My Asus P2B-F ran 133 fine ) ....But the bios doesent set the X past 5 for this CPU I know it supports a x higher then 5 .. It OFFICALY supports a 400x66 a 6x maltiplier the only prob is forcing the X change in software ( something i know is posable ) or force a 133 FSB in software ( somthing i to know is posable ) making it run 660 ( 133x5=660 ) ...... Id prefer to bump the FSB to 133 if the chipset can take it the PLL is ICS 9179BF-03 i cant find any thing saying its supported or not for softFSB clockgen or cpufsb....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds