86 more years

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sasquatch77, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

Having been a Yankee fan since 1965, I took great delight in seeing the Ded Sox ousted from the playoffs in three straight. While I know it`s true that my beloved Bombers may not win the world series it gave me an almost sensual delight to see the sox lose. I truly believe that "the curse" is back and it`ll be 86 years before those bums from Boston win again. If it isn`t 86 years, I hope it`s at least long enough that I don`t see it happen again. :p

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I was really surprised they didn't play better, you might be right Sasquatch.

I'm a Braves fan......might as well have a curse. :D

Steve

3. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Me too...since 1973. Even though they've only won one World Series, the run of 14 straight division titles is impressive.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

It is impressive. Just wish they would win another one. ;)

Steve

5. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Sadly, Houston is making short work of them tonight; 7-3 in the 8th. I can't understand why this team plays so well during the season, then lays eggs in the playoffs.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Exactly. You think every season when you watch them play, well this might be the year.

Steve

7. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Yup...but it could be worse; we could be Devil Rays fans :D

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

That's true. :D

Cardinals and Padres game 3 just starting.....God, I love this time of year.

Steve

9. star17

star17 MajorGeek

I'm just catching up on today's scores as we just got in a little while ago, and I see the Vols lost to Georgia; judging by the stats, you guys had no running game today.

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

We had no game today, it was terrible. :confused:

Now they are talking about switching QB's again. Doesn't get any easier, still have to play Alabama, Notre Dame, and Vandy who always give them trouble.

Steve

11. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Clausen seemed to have decent numbers, but no running game doesn't help.

I just noticed Penn State is 6-0. And playing real teams, no less.

12. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I know it.

Steve

13. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Wasn't 1986 the year of Bill Buckner..... Oh yeah, the other time the Dead Sox lost.... :)

14. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Yeah, im also glad the Red Sox got sweeped 3-0 vs White Sox...as I am a sox fan :)

Brandon

15. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

GO 'STROS!!

yes yes yess :)

and pff...Devil Rays are the underdogs. I like em. so poo on you!

16. Evc31680

Evc31680 Lou Ten-Ten

Too bad for the rainout today, would have been nice to see the Yankees dropped as well:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds