Network cable displays unpluged but Internet works ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OZ10, Dec 12, 2006.

1. OZ10

OZ10 Private E-2

Hi, I am trying to help a friend that has a bit of trouble, he has DSL internet connection and its working fine using the internet, but down on the task bar on the right hand side it displays " a network cable is unpluged " but he is able to use the net with no problems at all.

I said to go to taskbar properties and hide the icon, but apparently its not in there to hide.

Going into " network connections " the 1394 net adaptor is connected, LAN is connected, but the Broadband [WAN Miniport [ PPPOE] shows being disconnected., but he is able to use the Internet with no problems ???

Anyone got any clues how to fix this ?
    appreciate some help. please

2. ducati

ducati Private E-2

Ok, so for the broadband being disconnected, if you just want to get rid of the tray icon, go to control panel, network connections, right click that connection, select properties, and then unclick where it says to notify when there is limited or no availability. That would solve the problem of that tray icon, is that all you are worried about?

3. OZ10

OZ10 Private E-2

Thanks very much for your reply, i will tell him that, thats what he was concerned about, weird though, i haven't come across anything like that before,
    i wonder why its showing disconnected but the internet is working.
    thanks anyway

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds