compaq dc7600 sff

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluekart77, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bluekart77

bluekart77 Private E-2

hi all,real new to this! my problem is i stripped my pc, missed a few drivers on backup, spoke with IT gurus no success, have managed to get sound back, vga stuff back for kids games, come across a blog about PCI devices saying to install the chipset driver which will fix ???? in device manager in other devices, on ethernet controller, PCI simple communications controller and camera. the blog said the chipset driver would fix it but obviously i missing other stuff, please help the kids are driving me nuts!!! main problem is it wont connect to the internet using internal 56k modem, it wont find it and nothing from diagnostic test, please help, i have fixed it myself so far and need expert help, need to fix it cause i bought a new tower to fix the problem and now need to calm the wife, help would be appreciated, cheers and many thanks bk77 :eek::eek: sys compaq dc7600 small form factor

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes the chipset of motherboard drivers are needed to allow the OS to correctly ID the onboard hardware ( namely the Northbridge & Southbridge ), this then allows the right driver to install ok, generally the chipset drivers, will allow ethernet, USB, Audio to be installed correctly.

As you dont mention which Windows version is being used, this is the main page for all the drivers for that model PC from Compaq http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...skId=135&prodSeriesId=472277&prodTypeId=12454 Just look in the Windows version your using then down the catagory headings foe Modem, Audio etc for nay your missing ( do note that Windows Vista does not have a modem driver for this model )

3. bluekart77

bluekart77 Private E-2

hey halo, thanks for the help, that site is where i corrected some stuff from, im using windows xp by the way, installed that chipset driver but still no luck, there is no dial tone when using modem, its just a flat tone which "beeps" when it doesnt connect, im guessing im still missing stuff, but what!!!! still have ??? on ethernet and camera(webcam), camera not to worried about, any other wise words of advice guys????
    cheers and thanks bk77

4. DavidGP

Hi

Likely your still missing both the Ethernet ( Network ) and Moden Drivers, both available from that HP link, even with the chipset driver installed, you'll still need the correct device driver for that specific hardware.

But as there are a few permutations to what hardware type HP fit to specific PCs, you may find that you need to install this http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html to work out what Ethernet is used ( once you have installed Everest, run it and click Computer > Summary and under Network will be listed Network Adapter, either get the correct driver from HP or post the info and we/I will check for you ), the modem used is only one make the Agere Systems PCI Modem, so install that.

Even if you had already installed then - reinstall them again, now you have chipset drivers installed it may make the difference in them working.

as for the webcam, what make and model is it, may have label on it somewhere telling you this, then goto manufacturers site and look on their support and drivers section for the driver, or post make and model here and one of us will aim you in rigth direction.

5. bluekart77

bluekart77 Private E-2

thanks again halo, installed everest, under computer>summary>network, is only the modem, displayed on right side of screen, however on the left side, with the drop down +- menus, under network is listed x 2 descriptions ,windows network is the first one, when highlighted, on right of screen brings up network adapter description, but displays nothing and all the window is greyed out? next one in network, is pci/pnp network, when highlighted on right of screen, display says ethernet controller [NoDB]????
    im guessing from the hp site i need to dld something from the driver-network section but which ones the winner???
    thanks for all your help its much appreciated guys/girls
    cheers bk77

6. DavidGP

Hi

Maybe best if you attach a summary of an Everest log, I dont need a full one just the summary,

so open Everest and click Report > Report Wizard > Next > System Summary Only > Next > Plain Text > Finish,

Then attach the log txt file, to do this Click Post Reply or Go Advanced in the Quick Reply area, then Manage Attachments > browse for the file and Upload then post.

Something may jump out at me as to which one is needed as its likely its one of those times being physically infront of PC, works quicker to resolve.

7. bluekart77

bluekart77 Private E-2

hi halo, ive attached the summary report, please browse through and see where i've gone wrong and what is missing, much appreciated
    bk77

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds