Application Layer Gateway Service help

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANHEDONIC, Feb 20, 2004.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

noticed this process running when i checked my Sygate Personal Firewall... i know it's related to the XP Firewall that i just activated... So i allow this process or will blocking it nullify teh XP Firewall?

better yet, do i need both Sygate and the built-in XP firewall running at the same time?

any help is greatly appreciated... thanks

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Dont run two firewall at the same time, its really not useful (conflicts happen) if you can, disable ALGS in services manager, as well as turning off the XP firewall (which you dont need if you have Sygate)

3. ANHEDONIC

alright thx for the advice Goldfish

4. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Did a search in forums about Application Layer Gatweway Service and came up with this thread.

I run ZA and is always asking if I want to allow ALGS to acept connections. I have been denying this each time.
    I guess my question is should I deny it always? Or do I need this? I am confused.
    Any help is appreciated and thank you.
    Gal

5. ANHEDONIC

Hi Gal... from what i gather from Goldfish's advice and from what i've read on previous posts regarding this, you don't need to enable your XP firewall if you're using a 3rd party firewall, like Zone Alarm or Sygate Personal Firewall, because they conflict... you should either run one or the other, and ZA is definetely going to do a better job than XP's built in firewall...

in my case, i'm just using Sygate....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds