Is it possible to make a web site ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by computer, Mar 1, 2005.

1. computer

computer Private E-2

Hello every one,

Is it possible to make a web site without knowing anything about it ?
    I am interested in it but don't know how to make it

Can anybody suggest few important sites and tools to make it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

I did a quick search in this forum and came up with quite a few threads that already contain some of the information you are looking for. You might also try various search terms of your own to see what turns up, narrow your search to a specific forum and your results are more likely to be geared toward what you are looking for. . :)

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Well, you have to start somewhere. First and foremost you need to learn html and xhtml so you understand how formatting works.

This is a great place to start reading
    http://www.w3schools.com/

4. computer

computer Private E-2

thanks kodo,
    i will try to learn these 2 topics as soon as possible but do u think that this site is sufficient for learning it and how can i judge myself ?

anyway i will try my level best and hope u will help me more in future .

thankyou very much,take care.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

The book HTML for dummies is good too, you always need to know basic html. A lot of beginners start with what is called a WYSISYG program (what you see is what you get) like Microsoft FrontPAge.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MA's suggestion of HTML for dummies is a good one. The book offers beginner level explanations about how HTML works, how to use it as well as pro's/con's of some of the languages intricacies.

The site I posted is a good primer to get a better understanding of what you should expect when you begin your journey into web site building. Bookmark it, as it will be a good reference for you when you get some foundation knowlege of HTML/XHTML.

7. catch13

catch13 Private E-2

I'm glad I live in the age where taking a web design class was a requirement for graduation of high school.

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I wish we had the same things as you kids have now when I was in high school. All we had were MacII e's Green screen and pascal. Heck, we even had typing class on old IBM typewriters. You kids are lucky.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds