ACER 6920G Keyboard, Sound and touchpad stopped working

Discussion in 'Software' started by PistolPete13, May 12, 2009.

1. PistolPete13

PistolPete13 Private E-2

Hi,
    My neighbours computer is an Acer Aspire 6920G that is 9 months old, it has just come back from the store she brought it at and still has the same issue.
    It runs Vista Home Premium, which I am not familiar with.
    The machine boots fine, but does not recognise the keyboard, touchpad, and now has no sound drivers or options.
    The machine was not sold with a Vista disc, just a generic recovery disc that does not allow me to use the SFC /scannow or repair console.
    I am familiar with XP to intermediate, but never used Vista before.

Can anyone please help

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

can you attach a usb keyboard and mouse?

3. PistolPete13

PistolPete13 Private E-2

Hi,
    I have attached USB mouse and keyboard and they work fine.
    Add new hardware wizard takes over loads the drivers and all is ok with USB.
    When you look at other keyboards, none are installed.
    When you look at other pointing devices or touchpad, they say they have the drivers but could not initialise.
    When you look at audio properties same thing, but also says no hardware installed.
    Ran Comodo antivirus, Combofix and a few others, and all only found Acers Arcade machine as a worm.
    Have reinstalled audio drivers from the storage on the c: drive that I found, and also from the Acer support site, all to no avail.
    Any suggestions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds