Firefox won't open

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigpelara, May 20, 2008.

1. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

I've come back from 6 days away and when I try to open Firefox (my preferred browser) it doesn't load. The only way I can surf the net now is with IE. Any suggestions please?

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

First thing to try is to reinstall FF again.

Try that and if it still wont load post back.

3. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

First thing I did yesterday was uninstall and then download FF again. Still no joy.

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Try checking your firewall settings to see if it is stopping it loading.

5. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

FF is an exception in my firewall settings.
    FYI when I clicked the link in your e-mail nothing happened, I had to copy shortcut, open IE and paste it into address bar (previously a link would open directly - in Firefox)
    And thanks for your help .. I'm getting VERY hacked off with this .. but have checked everything I can think off, run all my cleaners and AVG etc ..

6. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

Thanks Mark, I have bookmarked that page for if it happens again! Unfortunately before I saw your post I tried again to uninstall and re-download (after removing all Mozilla files found in Search - DOH me). I now have FF back - and have lost all my bookmarks!! Ah well, ... thanks to all for your help :)

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could try Restoration or Recuva to find your bookmarks.

Just unzip Restoration and click the .exe file and for filename just type bookmarks. You might get lucky and be able to save the file and then put it back in your Application Data file.

8. bigpelara

bigpelara Private E-2

Restoration exe says Dll32.dll was not found. Recuva came up with lots of Dc files but none said bookmarks .. (and I'm not sure what they all are, so I didn't restore!) ..never mind, I will get some of them back bit by bit! Many thanks for your help. :)

9. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds