large hdd recognition

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bugsey Hogan, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Bugsey Hogan

Bugsey Hogan Private E-2

I had no problems installing xp when drives were only 40gb but now with sons computers and 120+gb drives I am having problems with size recognition.any tips please

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

It's NOT XP the problem it 's must be the bios on your motherboard.

How old is the bios motherboard ???

Windows XP SP2 can install on harddisk over 500G.

3. Bugsey Hogan

Bugsey Hogan Private E-2

At the moment I have no sevice packs is this maybe the problem

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

With no Service pack you should be good for up to 138G with SP1 200G and SP2 500G

You could slipstream you version of XP to SP2 using this program autostreamer download here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4444.html

5. Bugsey Hogan

Bugsey Hogan Private E-2

My problems started when I got stuck in a xp recover on the os disk.I decided to formatt and reinststall xp unfortunatly I had'nt got round to makeing a slipstream cd with sp2 so I am still running no sevice packs. Now it shows my second drive but not the size should be 250 gig from memory, it will also not let me browse the disk. I would very much like to recover this disk or it's data. Any suggestions before I bite the bullet and refomatt would be most wellcomed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds