Transfer disctionary to new notebook

Discussion in 'Software' started by bennos, Jan 13, 2011.

1. bennos

bennos Private First Class

I've got a new notebook. Transferring my stuff at the moment. Wondering if there is anyway to retrieve all the words I've added to the dictionary and transfer it to the new notebook?

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

What program is the dictionary part of. Maybe there's an export function.

3. bennos

MS Word. I've had a look in the 'help' function and have found nothing on exporting it.

4. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Sorry, there's nothing you can do with the Word dictionary. You'll have to rebuild as you go on the new machine.

5. bennos

All sorted! Did a file search for *.dic on both notebooks. Just replaced one with the another and bada-bing all worked out.

6. bennos

Dam... it didn't work. Still getting the red line under the words that were added to the .dic file.

Any other ideas?

7. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    You might want to check this. It looks like you could copy your custom dictionary file and then set it as default.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds