Newegg Did Me Wrong :(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Adrynalyne, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I purchased a gift that was more expensive than I like to mention (or spend for that matter).

I got it this week. Ready for this? 30 day return window....during the Holiday season.

When I did an online chat and asked for them to extend it, they said no, and were rather apathetic about it.

My daughter will be opening this gift after the return window and if it is broken, she has to wait for the manufacturer to replace it....which takes weeks more often than not.

Not cool.

Thus I warned my 2000+ twitter followers and asked them to retweet. Newegg wants to talk now. I just want them to do right by their customers, especially one who ahs been with them for 13 years and always give them a top notch review and recommendation.

Not looking for support, but do be aware of this if you buy an xmas gift from Newegg.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Newegg used to be great. Then they realized that douchebags on the internet will take advantage of you if you are nice, and they over-corrected. Now they are one of the most draconic online vendors I know of.

I read user reviews on Newegg, then place my orders on amazon, since they are cheaper and have a much more reasonable return policy. Newegg just aren't worth dealing with anymore.

If you would be willing to share what exactly you are buying, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be willing to suggest alternatives to Newegg. ;) Up yo you, of course.

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

When I bought my computer parts last year between black Friday and cyber Monday, I think they were offering 60 days for returns.
    The way I remember, you had until the end of January.

You might have to deal with a restocking fee, but I say return it and wait for a better deal, maybe someplace else.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Haven't had an issue with newegg when I bought my HP ZR30w, then had to send it back, since it didn't work. But, that was 6 months ago. I did get a replacement.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Read it again. I did not blame the company. I said they have bad customer service in this case.

Looks like they might bend though, seeing how 2000 people are retweeting it.

If they are so proud of their policies, they wouldn't care.

6. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I agree vendors need to allow time for presents to be opened and applaud your actions. I pay a little extra at Fry's for that coverage, perhaps Newegg can do that as well.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Not agreeing to their policy != placing blame. Period. I have a transcript that shows me asking for an extension. They said no, and didn't even care that I was going to return it. That is doing someone wrong with customer service. Apathy towards customers = wrong.

I am not dancing to this tune again. Get out of my thread, and stay out of it. You are just trying to goad me into a fight again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I would think most retailers would offer an extended return during this part of the year... Especially as retailers start cramming Christmas stuff down our throats before Halloween. :(

Just out of curiosity, is this not something you can open and test out to verify whether it works or not?

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Of course. I am just alerting others. I also feel dirty doing that.

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

OK, got to ask, what does NewEgg sell that would make you feel 'dirty'? :-D On second thought, don't answer that.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is a reasonable solution.

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

A bit OT, but...

I love buying online, getting great prices and such from NewEgg or Amazon, but I do miss the customer service from a Mom and Pop type place. Even Mom and Pops that have gotten HUGE. There is something to be said for being able to talk to the owner, get things modified the way you want them, and dealing with companies that want to see their customers satisfied.

Too bad that does not scale well with electronics and such.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Agreed. Customer service has always been about treating a customer well and taking that extra step.

Following policies is not the same thing.

14. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This thread isn't about you wanting to fight. Move on.

You said nothing in addition to your other posts except things to try and anger me.

I'd say provoking others into a flame war IS against the rules.
    I'll leave your vitriol here this time, but only to show your childish like ways of trying to fight with others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds