different kinds of blank DVD's and CD's

Discussion in 'Software' started by BERG, Dec 17, 2005.

1. BERG

BERG Private E-2

Hi all, I wanted to know some opinons about what is really good blank DVD's and CD brands. Also, for DVD's what is the different between DVD-R or DVD+R? I dont know if they make a blank CD+R but is one better than the other. Just wondering also that because i converted a bunch of my songs from 128kbps to 192kbps, because i heard 192 is better quality. Although, in the middle of a song though, it will stop playing then just go right to the next song. I know i have the full song on the cd though. Cant figure out what is wrong. It does this while playing on my brand new RCA stereo. Any thoughts?, Thank You!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

From my experience in DVD burning, I would say that you can't beat memorex as a brand for media. Close second would be Maxell. I was surprised when I tried Verbatim for dual layer DVD discs. They came out well.

3. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

First. There is no difference between DVD-R and DVD+R. You just need to buy the right DVDs for your DVD Drive but most modern DVD Drives have support for both.

Second. If you convert from a lower to higher bitrate for a song the quality will not get better. Better quality doesn't come out of thin air, you have to download a higher bitrate version. The higher the bitrate the better.

Third. Are you trying to burn mp3s directly onto the CD or create an Audio CD the old fashioned way? Either way I suggest you burn at 128kbps to reduce issues.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is a difference. Compatibility is an issue with some DVD players. DVD drives may have more compatibility with them, but not players.

5. BERG

BERG Private E-2

I have been using itunes to burn the songs, but anyway, i thought maybe it was the cd's, i use fujifilm. My mom got me fujifilm for DVD's also, just wanted to know if they were a good choice, or what would you guys suggest?

6. Dormie

Dormie Private E-2

are dvd + -
    brand specific for manufacturers of player

did sony choose a standard
    like when we had beta and vhs

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Yep, Sony and most of the major manufacturers are sticking with -R.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds