Can't dl drivers from dell site

Discussion in 'Software' started by kakite, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kakite

kakite Private E-2

I don't know WHAT the problem is! I have an old Dell Precision 370 (TAG: 8LCKT71) that my 81-yr-old mother uses. HD crashed, with it the recovery partition. Put in new HD, installed XP Pro from a "generic disk," and of course I need the OEM drivers for much to work. Located the page with all of them on Dell's site...but it just shows the categories, can't open each "class" to choose the individual drivers. I use FireFox so tried it with that piece of sh*t IE9...and *IT* won't even let me load the freaking page. Running Win7 Ult (x64); had a friend running same OS & browser try it and he had NO problem. Fiddled with extensions/security/etc. 'til I'm blue in the face.

Ideas?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

You don't need Dell drivers because they only keep them current for a year or two and even then they tend to be late. In other words, most manufacturers drivers are out of date.

Try SlimDrivers: http://www.majorgeeks.com/SlimDrivers_d6737.html

Or looks up the specs and manually download the drivers.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds