Utorrent virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by ddugdale, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ddugdale

ddugdale Private E-2

Can anyone help I downloaded utorrent on my wife's laptop and it seems to have corrupted her computer it as changed all the icons in her start page.
    I have managed to remove utorrent but I can't open any of the programs in the start page any ideas ????

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

#1 Rule for Happy Marriage: Thou shall not toucheth thy wife's laptop computer ;)

OK, seriously though, it sounds like you installed an infected BitTorrent program. If that's the case then you'll need to try to remove the infected files. You can start by following the instructions on this site's malware removal guide.

BTW, what version of Windows is installed on that laptop?

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I moved this from malware to software. My apologies, I didn't consider an infected version may have been installed. You can easily make a new post and include attachments in the malware removal forum after following our procedures which RS linked to. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds