i386

Discussion in 'Software' started by ntwrkbth, Dec 11, 2004.

1. ntwrkbth

ntwrkbth Private E-2

Following one of the walkthroughs on this site, I turned the RCP off. I need to turn it back on to install sp1a. I looked it up and the only two solutions i found involved the windows cd's which I don't have, or the i386 folder which was deleted by my overzealous, "kill-kill-kill" younger brother. Any tips on getting the i386 folder back or getting around the "cryptograhpic error?"

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I'm not sure that I understand your problem. Are you talking about "System Restore"? If so, go to Control Panel - System - Advanced - System Restore, and the option to activate should be listed. If the i386 folder is gone, then I don't understand how you are using your computer, as this is the folder that contains the main Windows files. This will bump your question to the top of the forum, where more experienced members may be able to help you. :)

3. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Do you mean that you have disabled the service Remote Procedure Call (RPC), ?

If so have you tried to boot in safemode and enable the service again ?
    If services.msc doesn't work in safemode then use Regedit.exe to set the service to Automatic.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds