2nd Hand Sony HandyCam DCR-DVD105, No Software Disc:PMB Version??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Felinity, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Felinity

Felinity Private E-2

OK so maybe Im dumb or something. But I cannot find any information anywhere on the net that can tell me what version of Sony's 'Picture Motion Browser (or PMB)' this neolithic era Sony HandyCam DCR-DVD 105 camcorder I bought a few weeks ago for $125 w/ NO software disc (Nero 6) NEEDS to be able to transfer the videos & pics into my computer from the little miniDVD it uses.

Do I even need the PMB? My old HP Pavilion A1203W doesnt seem to be able to handle the job at all, even though it does have the small circular bed for the small discs in the DVD drawer.

Im running XP Home, Windows.

Can anyone help me on this? PLEASE? :cry

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Felinity

Felinity Private E-2

Well I put the little disc into my computer & it does nothing. Thats how youre supposed to upload the data & files. What am I doing wrong?

4. tgell

Was the disc finalized as referenced on page 56?

5. Felinity

Felinity Private E-2

Well I tried to, but Im not sure I succeeded in it. I had only just purchased it & hadnt gotten very familiar with it yet. I do read my manuals & have it on PDF, but w/o the PMB, I fear my puter wont be able to handle the special mini dvds the pics & videos are recorded upon.
    What do I need to install in order to enable my old HP Pavilion a 1203w to understand them, please?
    I truly appreciate your help with this! I am just lost here - My cats' YouTube audience has been jone-sing for new videos since a thief stole my JVC Everio camcorder & external hard drive from my home a few months ago.

6. tgell

I am not sure PMB is supported for your model. This is the software that interfaces with the computer through a cable connection which according to the manual your camera does not do. I could not find any of the versions that support your video camera.

According to your specs, you should have WINDVD on your computer so it should see the DVD disk. When you put a movie DVD disk into your computer, does it play the movie? Put the disk in the drive and open My Computer. Then right click your drive and select explore. Is anything listed on the disk? Have you tried putting the disk into a regular DVD player to see if it works? I will have to read a little of the manual and see what format it uses.

On sony's support site, no drivers or software is available for download for this model. You may want to also check with customer support for your question. They also have a live chat which may help but I am not sure if you have to pay. I do not think so.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mo...id=91ea49319acc0660d3dfd2cc4db1c8a2#/howtoTab

Edit: it looks like there was a Picture Software Package that was included with the camera. You may want to ask Sony about this.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds