game crashes and i get these error messages...

Discussion in 'Software' started by flukekiller00049, Sep 23, 2007.

1. flukekiller00049

flukekiller00049 Private E-2

hello,,,,

i am having problems with a game crashing , the game is team fortress 2.
    i get these two error messages:
    failed to lock index buffer in cmeshdx8 : lock index buffer
    and
    failed to lock vertex buffer in cmeshdx8 : lock vertex buffer

they say that this happens when i dont exit the game properly
    but i receive this error wile im in game and playing. i also have made sure that
    i shut all other programs down.

here are my specs:
    windows xp media center edition v 2002 sp2
    intel pentium D cpu 2.80ghz
    1.0 GB ram

my graphics card is a Nvidia 7300 le
    i updated the most recent drivers
    i am running direct x 90c
    i have plenty of memory to run this game also plenty
    of HD space for it.

any help to get this game running properly would be
    greatly appreciated.

2. prizzo

prizzo Private E-2

Dude im getting the exact same errors for the same game, but it also happens to me in any source game.. Bad thing im noticing that me and you have in common is that damn 7300LE, if I was a gambling man I would say thats our culprit!! Bad thing about it is ive waited years to play this game and now i cant!?!?! I even sent a few emails too steam/valve and havent got a damn response.. someone help us!!

3. flukekiller00049

nah its not the card..... i know ppl with top of the line cards that this is
    happening to...its something that they screwed up and cant fix ive tried so many things but it still gives me that error. and i have no clue why!!! thats why i came here i was hoping someone here can help me out as i would like to play the game for more then a few minutes

4. flukekiller00049

any thoughts as to what i can try to do??

5. prizzo

prizzo Private E-2

someone please help us

6. E1505X1400 help

E1505X1400 help Private E-2

Keep in mind this is still the Beta for TF2, so it's not going to work on everyone's computer yet. It doesn't work properly on mine either, even though i am running on ATI card. Far as i am concerned, TF2 can kiss my *** until it's actually running order from Valve. Sorry, this probably didn't help you guys answer your question.

7. prizzo

prizzo Private E-2

well the thing is mate this does the same thing for ALL source games, not just tf2 :cry

8. flukekiller00049

not for me just for team fortress ......and i know that its still in beta form but i was just trying to see if i could find a fix

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds