Sony Vaio Laptop Sound Driver Driver Needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by overtime718, Jun 1, 2008.

1. overtime718

overtime718 Private E-2

Hey I Need Help, I Upgraded My Sony Vaio Laptop (model Pcg-7r2l)...it Came With Microsoft Windows Xp Media Center Edition, 1gb Ram, 1.83ghz...........when I Upgraded My Operating System For Some Reason I Believe That My Sound Driver Got Wiped Out Because It Says No Audio Devices Are Installed. I Tried To Download The Driver From The Sony Website But It Doesnt Have Any Sound Drivers Listed. I Dont Even Know The Sound Card That Came With The Laptop So If Somebody Can Please Help Me Out And Help Me Find Out What Sound Card Came With The Laptop So I Can Try Downloading The Drivers From The Manufacturers Website Or Help Me Out In Any Type Of Way I Would Greatly Appreciate It. Thanks In Advance.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

There is an auto-detect at Sony that should take you to yor model and then you should be able to select drivers for it. The audio ones are pretty far down the list. Here's the link:
    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=1,24,26,66,9,70,5,72
    When I entered the model # you posted, at Sony support, it took me to these models:
    VGN-FE770G
    VGN-FE780G
    VGN-FE790
    VGN-FE790G
    VGN-FE790G/N
    VGN-FE790P
    I think your number may have been a series number.
    They all use the Sigmatel HD audio driver:
    ftp://download.sony.com/US/pc/STDAUD-01098107-US.EXE

These are the installation instructions:

1. To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
    2. Download the STDAUD-01098107-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
    3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the STDAUD-01098107-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
    4. At the "SigmaTel® High Definition Audio Device Driver for Microsoft® Windows® XP" screen, click "Next".
    5. At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation. NOTE: Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
    6. At the "Finish" dialog, click "Finish", then click "OK" to restart the computer.
    After the computer restarts, the installation of the SigmaTel® High Definition Audio Device Driver is complete.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds