Turning a printer/scanner/copier into just a printer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by closet haxzor, Aug 1, 2006.

1. closet haxzor

closet haxzor Private E-2

Hi, I have this Lexmark X83 that is a scanner/printer/copier. and every time I turn it on It says "unlock scanner". I have checked the red switch. I have asked how to fix it on these forums before. but I opened it up and have confirmed that the motor powering the scanner is broken. I took all the gears off the motor and it does noting but make a weird noise and virbrate when I power it up, which in turn causes the screen to display the "unlock scanner message". So maybe if I cut the wires going to the scanner motor, it will stop hasseling me about the scanner motor and just be a printer?

lol, i know this seems crazy but need some thoughts.

thanks

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. closet haxzor

closet haxzor Private E-2

thanks, I really appriciate it. and its a great idea. but the problem is not with the computer, its with the scanner/printer/copier. Its saying "Unlock Scanner" on the little screen. but see its because the scanner motor is broken, so maybe I can cut the wires and it wont notice that the scanner motor is broke?

thanks

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I think you are missing my point, without the, scanner, copier software on your pc the scanner wont know that its broken. A driver for software is kinda like a wife, it tells you what to do. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds