Spoof Sms Text Messages-how?

Discussion in 'Software' started by vegasman, Jul 17, 2004.

1. vegasman

vegasman Private E-2

I have been receiving spoof sms text messages and I would like to know how this individual is doing it. I am in the United States and the only info I have it that they may be using a palm O/S to do this. They are making SMS text looking like they are coming from somebody else.

Thank you,

Vegasman

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Probably someone abusing a SMS server provided by a business solution by a cell phone provider. Pretty common. A "business" buys a business SMS package (usually used for mobile intergration over phone or web ... like football scores updates and the such), but more often than not an ad company sets it up and does mass texts to millions of people at once.

Spoofing is dead easy, using the SMS server they can put in any "reply number" they like.

3. vegasman

vegasman Private E-2

Thanks Goldfish,

I am very new to this kind of stuff so HOW can I do this back to this individual because he has it clocked every five minutes so I will have to change my number or start sending him the same messages every five minutes tell him to stop. All I have is a laptop no serious PC equipment or servers. but the individual doing does work for a college sporting network team so what your saying makes sense.

VegasMan

4. vegasman

vegasman Private E-2

Spoof Sms Text

Somebody is sending me SPOOF SMS TEXT clock every five minutes which will force me to change my number. HOW is this guy doing it? Can I trace it. HOW CAN I DO IT BACK TO HIM TELLING HIM TO STOP? I appreciate your tips as this is really becoming just plain harassment towards me.

Thank you in advance,

5. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Re: Spoof Sms Text

If the person is just doing it randomly I would turn the SMS text messaging feature off for a couple of weeks and hopefully it will make the person think you have changed your number and then I would go back to using it. The person may think you have changed numbers and not go back to that one.

If that doesn't work I would contact your cell phone company and tell them about this guy. They should be able to track where its coming from. As for tracking it yourself, I'm not sure that is possible.

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I believe you made another thread the same as this one a couple minutes ago. Please check that one.

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Gain access to whatever it is he's using to send you the messages :p

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

type this > send spoof SMS < into Google and all the info you'll ever need will be infront of you ;)

even the link to the PalmOS app they are most likey using.

If you know the individual and where he works... bring this fact to their bosses, if that fails then alert your phone company and if its becoming more harrassing then the authorities.

You have a Bluetooth phone?

*thought of the morning*
    Altho not 100% aimed vegasman's issue but all the same but does touch on wireless devices and the security issues of said devices.

In this day and age with wireless and bluetooth ( phones ) devices becoming the norm, they give you freedom to move around with out the contraints of cables BUT is your wireless network safe from War Driving or War Nibbling?

9. vegasman

vegasman Private E-2

Thanks Goldfish,

How do I gain access to whatever he's using? Everyplace on the internet says he's using a PalmO/S to send the Spoof SMS to me but can he clock them every five minutes with a Palm? How do you clock messages? I found the PalmOS download but now what do I do? Sorry for all the questions...thanks in advance!

10. vegasman

vegasman Private E-2

Thanks Halo,

I found the PalmOS download now can u give me some steps to follow with the download also is it possible to clock the Spoof SMS every five minutes with a PalmO/S? Sorry, just not much knowledge regarding technology issues but NOW because of this I want to keep learning and learning as much as possible,

Thanks,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds