setting up wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stevenwelsh70, Dec 23, 2005.

1. stevenwelsh70

stevenwelsh70 Private E-2

i`m new to this so i`m sorry if this is a stupid question.. I have NTL cable broadband coming into my house but i want to move my desk top pc to the other end of the house.I have purchased a Belkin wireless g router and a wireless usb on the advice of a sales person in pc world but when i opened the box and read the instructions it seams i have to connect the router to a pc when setting up ?? Do i need to connect to a wired pc and then any other pc`s will be wireless ? Thanks in advance

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You only need to have the wired connection while setting up. Once you are set up and the wireless configuration is correct you can unplug the wired computer.

4. stevenwelsh70

stevenwelsh70 Private E-2

Thanks ,Now working great:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds