Corrupted iPod Nano...??? How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TigerLilly, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Private E-2

I have an iPod Nano. It worked for the first two weeks or so, but somehow it got corrupted. I'm not positive as to why it is corrupted, but I think it is because once when I was unplugging it from my laptop's USB I did not unplug it properly (I didn't know how the "proper" way was). I reinstalled everything since I was hoping to start over. I was trying to reset my iPod to factory settings, hoping that that would erase the problem I was having with it.

iTunes sends this error message:

"iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod." :eek:

I tried reconnecting it but that didn't change anything. I'm not sure what else there is to try. Is there some other way of restoring to factory settings? is there a free program I should install? I don't know much about computers so please explain it simply. :) I really hope it can be fixed because I miss my iPod nano so much!!! If there is any other information you need from me regarding this, feel free to e-mail me ASAP.

Should I keep my iPod plugged in for the time being? Should I try to install it on a different computer? I own a Windows XP Notebook laptop but I also have a Windows 98. Would it even run on a Windows 98?

As you can see I really don't know where to go from here. :rolleyes: The sooner it is fixed the better though. Thank-you!

I can be reached at [B]mifairytale@yahoo.ca[/B] if there is anything else you need to know.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly Private E-2

Uh oh I don't know what happened! last night when I was disconnecting my iPod I made sure I did it the proper way this time (by clicking on the button in the lower right hand corner of the itunes screen) but today when I went to re-connect my iPod to the computer nothing seems to happen. The iPod screen remains blank and my computer doesn't seem to recognize the device for some reason. So now it's like I have to start all over again and ... *sigh* ... this is frustrating. :( Can you think of any reasons for this to happen, or how to fix it?

thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds