Fun with Fast Food places

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

You have been there, you get a few mins, rush off to the drive through to get a burger or something. They screwed up my order so bad, I spent the time to send them a message. Yeah, I have no life, and no expectations for this, just posted here for humor. What I sent:

'I went to your store on Louisville Ave. in Monroe, LA today for my lunch. I ordered a Market Fresh roast beef and swiss, mayonaise and cheese only.

Guess what I got... A Market Fresh(I hope it was fresh) with beef, no cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, no mayo, and to top it off... honey mustard.

Congradulations! Your company got approximately 33% of my order right. I sure hope your people do better at washing their hands after going to the bathroom. Please tell me you have signs to tell the people where the bathroom is... Please...!!

I hope they turn the oven on to cook the beef more than 33% of the time. Sure, I pulled the stuff I don't like off, I ate. I was fed. I did not get what I paid for, and will not go back.

Arbys. We get only 67% of your order wrong!

Have a nice day. I think I need a Hepititus(sp) check.

Eric'

I have fun complaining on the web sometimes. Kinda like therapy sometimes. Or maybe I am crazy. :p

E

2. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

I have been there too ;) But do not complain. I just mutter a few negatives about the company and make a point of not going back (at least for a few weeks) :D
    Maybe it has something to do with the crap wages that these places pay to their employees?
    Good points raised though. Did you get a reply?

G

3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

You've done well to lodge a complaint...so long as it doesn't fall on deaf ears. Franchise normally want feed back, because it affects the overall business...on the other hand, if it is just a private "entrepreneur" then you would think they would take your complaint seriously enough, because they really could not afford to lose business through possible bad word of mouth advertising.;)

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Im right there with ya Fred.

One time I went to a McDonalds and the only reason I went there is because it was late, I was really hungry and there was no else to go.

So, I go in and proceed to stand there for about 5 minutes and then another lady comes in and starts waiting with me. Together we wait there for about ten minutes for someone to takes our order because the cashiers and the cooks wanted to just stand around and talk to each other. Another 10 minutes goes by before we are to get our food and we both go to leave. Imagine our surprise when we get to the door and it locked! So now I call out "can someone come unlock this door?" Ignored because at this point the cashier and the cook are no longer talking but having a yelling match rolleyes After numerous complaints, we FINALLY get someone to unlock the door so we could leave and it only took us about 20 minutes!

You better believe I wrote to the store manager and he sent me a letter with coupons and a guarantee that those employees would be reprimanded. I found out later that they got fired :D To this day I've never set foot in that place again, neither will alot of people I know.

5. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I have had similar drive thru experiences. I generally go in and ask to see my receipt for the order. When they show it to me and I see that my order was taken correctly I ask if the cook is able to read. If the order was taken incorrectly I ask if the person who took my order is able to hear. Then I complain to local management and usually drop a line to the company themselves. The sad thing is that they give you coupons to come back for some more bad service. No thanks, a grocery store salad bar or take-out Chinese always work for me.

6. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Go to Subway, you can stand right there and guide them through it. LOL

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

All I got was an automated responce. I understand the people are paid poorly. What agravates me the most, is my sandwich is easier to make than the standard one. Slap some mayo, some meat, and a couple of pieces of cheese... Done. Oh well, like I said, sometimes I just email companies more for my own sanity than the belief changes will be made. :cool

E

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Had a similar displeasure in Burger King. I order a regular burger, which does not contain egg, which I am allergic to. So I sit down with my friend and begin to eat. Now, I didn't check my burger to see of it had an egg in it because just a plain burger never does, unless you specifically order it, of course.

Two bites later, I'm feeling sick and opened it up - and yup, for some weird reason there WAS an egg stuck in it. Made to the rest-rooms but kind of made a mess in there. I sit down, with a headache and feeling sick as pig, while my friend complains. To top it off, the Burger King girl comes over and, instead of offering some form of apology, just says "Next time tell us if it's not right, before you eat it, and we'll change it." ~ Well, if I was well enough, I might have given her a piece of my mind. Not like there is ever even supposed to be egg in that kind of burger to begin with.rolleyes

Anyway, as I staggered out, propped up by my friend, and said, "You might want check out the rest-rooms - there's a little present in there for ya." (Uh-hm - the previous content of my stomach. Berg! (Well, it wasn't on purpose, but I figured it was poetic justice. ):p

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

See, that is what is wrong with folks today. You should always check your burger for egg. Jeez.

Just joking. Egg on a burger? Yikes, why? I like eggs, like burgers, but together? Makes you wonder what they are putting on the sandwiches. :yum

I would have taken pictures and told them my lawyer will be contacting them soon...

E

10. darlene1029

@ Phantom, was that a breakfast kind of sandwich or do they put eggs on burgers throughout the day?
    Here your out of luck to get breakfast food after 11:00 am.

11. Phantom

Yes, the breakfast menu finishes at 10:00 a.m at Burger King, (I might be wrong in this, but it used to be, anyway). But then there is Bacon & Egg burgers, etc., sold throughout the day/night.

But the thing is - I only ordered a regular burger, which never has egg in it (unless some kind of special order, or whatever). That's what really ticked me off. It's almost like they went out of the way to make me ill. (I'm sure they didn't, as I don't know any staff there from a bar of soap). My friend went nutz at them and got some free coupons and junk from a pretty terrified Junior Manager. She can slay people with her tongue at 20 paces, so it was almost worth it to see them skeered, eh. :D

12. darlene1029

Good for your friend, they needed a tongue lashing. Giving coupons always gets me, it's like saying, "here be sure to come back and take another chance with your health". :D rolleyes

13. darlene1029

Good idea. We all would probably be puking all the time if we actually knew what went into our food.
    In the US the FDA has guidelines for the amount of things like rat hair, faeces
    , god knows what all that is allowed in our food.
    How about 0 ????

14. Phantom

It's not just take-a-ways, either. I know someone that found a severed mouse head in the middle of a loaf of bread. YECK!!..:eek

I was an Industrial Chemist for way too long to think about what goes into food these days. And that’s just the intentional stuff.

15. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

MMMM, the new McTumor. :D

You definantly take your chances at fast food or even the nicer places.

E

16. darlene1029

I was going to pick up some groceries this morning, giving it a second thought now :confused

17. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'll have to remember that if I ever get to where you are. There is no such thing as a Bacon and Egg burger at Burger King anywhere I've ever been in the US. In fact, there is no such thing as a burger of any kind you can buy during breakfast hours, nor can you buy anything with egg outside of breakfast hours. Bacon, yes...eggs, not so much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds