Your favorite mixed cocktail that you don't think anyone has heard of.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Jul 1, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I'm drinking mine.

It's called a Transfusion:

1 glass of ice (lots of it for those UKers among us who don't know how to fill a glass with ice LOL)
    1 shot of vodka
    3/4 glass of ginger ale
    Rest of the glass of Grape Juice (preferably Welch's)

:drool

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Bend Me Over

1 shot Coconut Malibu Rum
    1 shot Amaretto
    1 shot Pineapple Juice

Shake with ice, serve VERY chilled, since it's super-sweet... it's like drinking candy. Yuummmmm...

Disclaimer: Due the nature of this drink, it's impossible to taste the 40% alcohol you're chugging until about the fourth or so when all of it hits your head at once. Do not drink Bend Me Over if you were planning to drive home!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  3. LauraR

Omg! That sounds really really good. I think I even have those ingredients.

Love the name. LOL

4. Mimsy

In the interest of full disclosure, I learned that drink from The Guy. LOL

A couple of weeks after I moved to the US to live with him, he made me one of them without telling me what was in it, and they are so good I was on my fourth before it occurred to me to ask! roflmao

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Don't know if these have a name.
    Ice
    1.5oz Gin
    5-6oz V8 Fusion

And a shooter...

1oz Rum
    2-3oz Beer.

Another Martini variation...

Ice
    1.5oz Gin
    5oz Mt. Dew

:-D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  6. LauraR

You should come up with one! LOL

Your daily allowance of veggies all wrapped up in one cocktail. :-D

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Gin and V8?? Are you kidding me? :puke Triple distilled Schmirnoff vodka and coke, 1:5 but it's all good..;)

8. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

when I was a teenager, we would get these mint food flavorings that had 90% alcohol and mix it with soda. Minty high proof cola beverages, dont know if it had a name.

9. LauraR

Holy crap, that's sounds horrible! LOL

10. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Maybe the name was 'DEATH"!?:-D

11. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

It's been over 7 years since i had any alcohol but i used to like 50/50 scotch and coca cola over ice.

I didn't get to drink many of them before oblivion.[​IMG]

12. murderhigh187

actually it tasted surprisingly good, I dont know if it was any worse than regular alcohol though.

13. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Long ago, when my life was mine and not the wifes, I went to a stag do in Whitley Bay. We were all unsurprisingly drunk and one bright spark decided to order a cocktail of one shot of each of the spirits behind the bar. It was the most vile thing I've ever tasted (after cider.) We were so gassed the whole lot went down. Then came straight back up. :-o It was never christened, but I think I'll call it a triple hernia. Because that's what I thought I had after I'd finished hurling. Great night. That is my idea of Groundhog Day. :-D

14. LauraR

I have no idea why, but that just made me actually laugh out loud. Maybe it's cause I've been there. Not by the same means...but the ends were the same. :-D

15. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

The Apollo cocktail. Filter 2ozs of meth’s through a French bread stick to remove the colouring add 2 cans of red bull. No more than 4 in any 24 hour period, the last one must be drank whilst seated

16. murderhigh187

WHAT?!?!!?

meth filtered through french bread?

17. tonyhale

You have to filter it, its quite easy really, break the French stick in half, cut a small hole in the bottom and pour the meth in, you will need more than the 2ozs you require for the cocktail as the bread absorbs a lot, depending on its freshness, filtering removes the dye and some of the chemicals, failure to filter had disastrous effects on your eyesight. you can add a dash of metal polish if desired, not recommended for unseasoned drinkers.

18. joey off the street

And here's me thinking a cocktail of mixed spirits was disgusting. Meths and metal polish? Yum Yum. :puke

19. tonyhale

The other end J.O.T.S

20. joey off the street

You've been to Whitley Bay? :p
    Yeah, most folk LOL when you mention Whitley Bay. Had some great days and nights out in Whitley Bay. Some of my fondest memories are of Whitley Bay. I love Whitley Bay.

By the Whitley Bay Tourism Promotion Board. :)

21. LauraR

LOLNever heard of Whitley Bay in my life.

More like I've been here :-D:

22. joey off the street

It's only the centre of the universe.

23. LauraR

Sounds like I'm missing out. :(

:-D

24. LauraR

k....here's another that I had at a restaurant. God, it was good. It's a dessert 'martini'.....a Chai Martini

1 part vodka
    1 part chai liquor
    1 part espresso
    1 part frangelico
    Chocolate shavings on top

:)

25. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

Violent F--k

1 oz Curacao orange liqueur
    1/2 oz sloe gin
    sweet and sour mix
    orange juice

Pour curacao and sloe gin into an ice-filled highball glass. Fill with equal parts of sour mix and orange juice, and blend briefly. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, and serve.

I prefer it in bigger quantities, like in a fishbowl with a few straws.

26. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

me and her indoors used to have 'cocktail' nights in, made loads of inventions,

ingredients -

1 bottle of wild turkey bourbon
    1 bottle of vodka
    fresh fruit (exotic)
    lots of ice
    1 blender
    1 sieve

soft music
    no children

bliss

27. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I like whiskey and orange juice,everyone turns their head up as this idea but I think its great,usually you always have whiskey and orange juice.

To make.

Sacrifice a baby lamb on a pagan pedestal reserving one quart of its sweet nectar blood to which you add salt,pepper,murcury and Tabasco,strip naked,praise Shakala then throw into your friends eyes.

Add whisky to orange to taste and drink.

28. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Had one on Sunday that was so tasty and so evil I'm not sure how I made it from the taxi to my door. :-o :drink I have no earthly idea what proportions it is, but it's definitely a shot, chilled.

Vegas Bomb

Crown Royal, peach schnapps, and Red Bull. Or the other variation using Buttershots instead of peach. The bar I go to does not do traditional bombs where you drop the shot glass in, they just mix it all up and serve it.

Maybe I had more than one... :innocent

29. LauraR

:-D @ that.

My first (and last) experience with a 'bomb' was a jagerbomb. It was about 3 years ago. I have never been that sick before. ugh at just thinking about it.

Of course, I may have had other things to drink before that. :innocent

30. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

roflmao It does tend to work that way, doesn't it? :-D

31. Odeho19

Odeho19 Private E-2

Jamaican Dusk

In a highball glass filled with ice: start with about 1 ½oz. of Myers's Dark Rum, 1 oz. of Tia Marie, the equal parts OJ, Pineapple juice, and a ½oz. of cream.

Drink, enjoy!

32. Mimsy

Wolf paw:

Equal amounts vodka and lingonberry juice (use cranberry if no lingonberries available). Serve chilled in a tumbler glass.

33. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Jack Daniels with nothing, just neat!

Most drink it with coke, heathens and not real JD drinkers IMHDO (In My Humble Drunk Opinion) :)

34. LauraR

That's my dad's drink. JD on the rocks with a twist.

@ Odeho19 That one sounds really yummy. May have to try it. I don't have any Tia Marie though. Will have to remember to get it when I get to the liquor store.

35. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

When I was closer to 21, I'd drink something called a "Zombie"

1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
    1 oz pineapple juice
    1 oz orange juice
    1/2 oz apricot brandy
    1 tsp sugar
    2 oz light rum
    1 oz dark rum
    1 oz lime juice

Blend all ingredients with ice except Bacardi 151 proof rum. Pour into a collins glass. Float Bacardi 151 proof rum on top. Garnish with a fruit slice, sprig of mint and a cherry.

Now that I'm older, I prefer a Mojito:

1.25 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum
    12 mint leaves
    1 tbsp sugar
    0.5 oz lime juice
    2 oz soda

[​IMG]

36. cake

cake Corporal

@ LauraR

your Transfusion sounds eerily similar to something i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, any more...once upon a time, i used to drink this - it was usually made for parties, although you can make individual ones.

Purple Jesus - PJ

1 part Ginger ale
    1 part Grape juice
    1 part Vodka
    1 part grain Alcohol (188 proof, like Everclear)

Combine all ingredients in punch bowl; fill individual glasses with ice and serve.

i think if you drink enough of them, you might actually see Our Lord. these days it's usually Chivas Regal on the rocks, or a glass of St Bernardus ABT 12 Belgian ale (even have matching glasses for the scotch & the ale).

i was introduced to this in the Deep South and had forgetten about it. looked it up by your ingredient list, in an iPhone app i have, et voila! only lived in the South for a short time, but DEFINITELY remembered this.

occasionally i'll have what i call a Titanium Martini (stole the recipe from Godiva, changed one of the ingredients & renamed it). tasty, but not too sweet.

Titanium Martini

1 oz Godiva white choclate liqueur
    1 oz Bacardi white rum

pour into a cocktail shaker with cracked ice; shake, strain & serve in a chilled martini glass.

the original was a Platinum Martini made with vodka, but i don't like vodka so switched it to rum.

cheers!
    cake

eat dessert first

37. LauraR

LOL at Purple Jesus. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't touch that either. Grain alcohol? :eek Haven't had that since high school.

The Transfusion only has a shot of vodka in it (more if you want it stronger). Its a good summer drink (sweeter and on lots of ice).

38. cake

cake Corporal

i just remembered another...this one i STILL like.

i don't remember the quantities (web search only turned up recipes for something not even close to mine), but if you want to make it try these proportions & adjust to your taste...go easy on the peach brandy; you want it to taste fairly tart.

Swamp Juice

4 parts rum or vodka, whichever you like better
    1 part peach brandy or schnapps
    1 small can of thawed, frozen limeade mix (possibly 1 large or 2 small cans)

mix well & serve over ice in tall glasses. it looks really bad; kind of like what you might see if you dipped a glass in actual swamp water. for true! but it's really tasty & refreshing in the summer...especially at outdoor concerts that won't let you do that anymore...the one i'm thinking of used to be open all the time, now it has security like an airport. (sigh)

i've only made this in 1/2 gallon (just under 2 litres) amounts & put in thermos containers to take to the aforementioned concerts that i can't do anymore because they scan everything & look through everything except your pockets and it's just no fun anymore like it was when i was at W...nevermind! that would be TMI. LOL

cheers!
    cake

eat dessert first!

39. LauraR

@ Pax...I've been making mojitos lately. Gawd they are good, aren't they. My husband like the Caipirinha too.

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

40. Mimsy

Caiprinha are delicious. Caipiruska are better though... far less sweet. :)

41. LauraR

Made with Vodka instead (just looked up). Now that sounds good. Vodka is my mixer (it mixes with ice well too :-D) of choice.

42. Mimsy

It is very good. :drool

You know, I have vodka in the kitchen, and a lime in the fridge... hmmmm.... :innocent

43. LauraR

Sounds like the makings for a plan of action. :-D

It's a wine night for me, but there's always tomorrow.

44. Mimsy

I now have a Caipiroska :wine <--- tumbler with caipiroska :-D

45. tonyhale

Glenmorangie and Glenmorangie in equal quantities. Doesn’t matter what quantity or even the number of quantities just as long as
    T
    H
    E
    R
    E
    =

46. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Whoa!!!!! You guys sound like some really hard drinkers! :-D:-D:-D
    I never heard of most of these drinks myself. Holy jeez, after reading, I don't think I'd care to drink one either! Too much liquor!! :-D:-D:-D Hope you all enjoy them tho!;)

47. Mimsy

My first stint in college I worked weekends as a bar tender. You pick things up after a while. ;)

Cement mixer, anyone?

48. tonyhale

Hi Mims
    What sort of drink is a Cement Mixer
    I run a bar in our village hall I'm thinking of building a cocktail list based on the drinks in this thread. so if there are specific quantities, I would be delighted if you would all post them for me
    CHEERS

49. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I got this one Tony, it's a prank drink, as far as I can tell. I remember buying one for my friend on his 21st. it's a citrus shot (take your pick) and a baileys shot (Irish creme)

you shoot one, hold it in your mouth, shoot the other and swish them around in your mouth. the citrus curdles the creme, and you can't get it down. (I think that's right, isn't it mims?)

just found this:

50. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey Mimsy, my first boyfriend was a bartender! :-D I also drank , but nothing like this stuff! :-D roflmao :-D The strongest in my day, was a Tom Collins. :-D I learned real quick! ;) :puke:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds