I accidentally uninstalled audio device on high definition audio bus

Discussion in 'Software' started by evelyn32, Sep 23, 2010.

1. evelyn32

evelyn32 Private E-2

When I check under audio device on high definition audio bus properties, it reports "this device is not configured correctly". Under sounds and audio devices properties, it reports "no audio device," and "no playback devices."

I don't have much experience with computers, please help :cry

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, evelyn32.

We need your operating system version and service pack # and the type of computer (make and model #, service tag #, etc.).

Most likely, you need an audio driver reinstall, but we need that information from you before we can make recommendations.

3. evelyn32

evelyn32 Private E-2

Hi there,

The operating system is Windows XP, service pack 3. I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite A105- S1014
    Model number: PSAA2U-01Y018
    Serial number: Z5062394Q

I hope this will help, :confused

Thanks caliban, ;)

4. Caliban

Ok, download and install this file, reboot, and see if your symptoms change.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Once you have installed that file and tested for audio, if the audio doesnt work then please let us know and also let us know what devices in Device manager have yellow ! marks by them?

Can in Services check that Windows Audio Service is set to Started and Automatic as the Startup Type (also click the dependancies tab and check that all the listed Services are also Started and Automatic)

6. evelyn32

evelyn32 Private E-2

Caliban and Halo,

It worked!!!!!!!!!! :-D I had been so frustrated because my laptop had no sound for two months :( I had spent so much time unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to fix it on my own :confused ...I almost give up, but you were able to help me just by asking me one simple question.Thank you so much!!!!!

You are the best, ;)

7. Caliban

Glad you got it, Evelyn, and thanks for the feedback - welcome to MG! :major

8. aiza_archeta

aiza_archeta Private E-2

Hi,

I got the very same problem with that of Evelyn32. I accidentally uninstalled the Realtek on my PC and now it says there is no audio device. Plus there is a yellow question mark under device manager>other devices>Audio device on high definition audio Bus. I'm using Windows XP as well and the CPU is MORR LOGIC with a logo of intel core i3.

I don't know how to locate the model number and the serial number though. I'm not a computer techie so I will gladly appreciate it if you could provide me with step by step procedures..

Please, I will greatly appreciate it if you could help me on this. Thanks in advance... :(

9. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi and welcome MG's,

Please could you run everest ..... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Add the report in your next post like this.....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Thanks.

10. aiza_archeta

aiza_archeta Private E-2

Hi ian't

I tried to download and run the everest but when i finished installing it, the pc went blue with words and suddenly restarted, and then the icon of the everest in the desktop is like corrupted and is not opening. when it went blue, i have read the first sentence that goes like this "there is a problem detected and ....... " i didn't get to read it because it is of a sudden.. Why is this? OMG I think this is getting much serious?

11. aiza_archeta

aiza_archeta Private E-2

here is additional info regarding my pc system.

System:
    Microsoft windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    service Pack 3

Registered to:
    User
    7648-640-1457236-23328

Computer:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)
    i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    1.58GHz, 1.98GB of RAM

there. i hope u can do the lead..

12. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Like "gloozit" says Blue Screens are usually caused by driver issues.
    Is your machine branded i.e.. Dell/Compaq/Samsung etc... if so can you give me the exact make and model and any asset/service tag #. If your machine was custom built can you give me the name of your motherboard.

Thanks.

13. aiza_archeta

aiza_archeta Private E-2

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I didn't get to know how to locate the motherboard infos so i searched through the net for procedures and i stumbled upon Belarc Advisor. Works good I think. Here are my PC's info.

Operating System new – server roles
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Installed: 6/16/2011 8:02:26 PM

System Model

Intel Corporation
    Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor
    3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i3-2100
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Hyper-threaded (4 total)

Main Circuit Board
    Board: Intel Corporation DH61WW AAG23116-203
    Serial Number: BTWW12000CLN
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    BIOS: Intel Corp. BEH6110H.86A.0016.2011.0118.1128 01/18/2011

there goes my pc infos...

14. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Can you tell me if you plug your speakers into the I/O plate or in a expansion slot ??
    [​IMG]

if it is the I/O plate then I need for you to do this.....

Download the free, Speccy http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html then run Speccy and click File > Save as Text File, then attach the log as per instructions below (note: as Speccy also now lists more data it likely will have your Windows licence serial key also in the log, so look for Operating System and under that Serial Number and delete the code and Save the log)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

if it is via an expansion slot I need for you to open the case and tell me what is written on the actual audio card.

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds