hypertech power power programmer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zsledd, May 14, 2006.

1. zsledd

zsledd Private E-2

I am looking for someone who knows how to reprogram these units. the one I have was vin locked and sold to me by a lying moron scumbag on ebay...
    hypertech will reprogram this unit, however it is cheaper to buy it new than to reprogram it.
    any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    jerry

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Unfortunately, the only way to reprogram one of these units is to have HyperTech to do it as you said. All the seller had to do to reprogram it was to attach it to the vehicle with the same VIN loaded and erase it, and with no history in the memory, it's like a new unit. The SuperChips programmers are the much the same. If you cannot contact the individual you purchased it from, you might try Ebay's fraud division and see if you can get some justice that way. If not, sorry to say, you're screwed.

There are numerous instances on the internet of peeps trying to hack into them as a last resort, but the security features in these units go into some sort of lockdown and it's a futile waste of time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds