My mouse keeps doulbe clicking

Discussion in 'Software' started by Apernicus, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apernicus

Apernicus Private E-2

Almost everytime I go and click on something, the mouse does a double click, therefore opening two copies of whatever I clicked on. I know its not the mouse itself causing this and I think it has something to do with some windows update since another friend of mine has this same problem. I tried rolling back the driver and then updating but XP wouldn't let me. Any suggestions?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Assume you've checked the properties settings in the mouse?

3. INeedAGig1210

INeedAGig1210 Private E-2

I'm having the same problem aswell, after the last windows update.

4. INeedAGig1210

INeedAGig1210 Private E-2

I decided to check my registry, and well, I found a fix.

Heres the fix:

Start > Run > type in regedit.exe

Once in the registry point yourself to:

HKEY_Current_User > Control Panel > Mouse

There should be two strings named "Double Click Height" and "Double Click Width"
    Now, when I loaded in, the values were only set to 12, I would change them to about 30, and it should fix your double click sensitivity problem.

5. bsomasundaram

bsomasundaram Private E-2

thanks for the solution through reg edit but it seems it is not working for me
    i dont know what is the issue
    please help

somu

6. 334bigdawg24

334bigdawg24 Private E-2

Hi, I attempted the same solution and for a second I thought it worked, but it doesnt. As a matter of fact, I have two computers with the same problem.:confused

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Please start a new thread on your issue as this one is two years old and is likely to be looked over, plus give us information like what

Windows version you using, what mouse make, model and type as in USB.

What have you done already to fix this.

Have you re-installed or updated the mouse drivers if there are any?

Do you have any yellow ! marks in Device Manager, if so what are they next too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds