When asking for support please tell us about your computer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Major Attitude, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

NOTE: Your product keys will be listed near the bottom. In the attached screenshot, I only copied and pasted the top part showing my computer specs. Be CAREFUL, do not reveal your product keys

When trying to help you, we often need to know about your computer. Anything you can add might be helpful.

1: We always need to know what operating system you are using.

2: If it’s a brand name computer, then let us know the make and model. Often times, this will be on the back of your computer.

3: If you don’t know any of this then download Belarc Advisor. It will look at your specs and put it in your browser so you can copy and paste whatever is needed.

Using Belarc Advisor is handy to let us know the computer model or maybe what type of video card you have, for example, if you are having a video problem.

The image attached shows the top part of what you will see once Belarc is finished. Just copy and paste whatever you think is relevant.

Help us help you.

NOTE: Your product keys will be listed near the bottom. In the attached screenshot, I only copied and pasted the top part showing my computer specs. Be CAREFUL, do not reveal your product keys

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds