Linux Geek & Sci-fi Gal

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Susanna777, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Susanna777

Susanna777 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm a linux fan, and I use Ubuntu 8.04. I'm a freshman college student majoring in computer science and I'm also a sci-fi author (not published yet). A friend of mine referred me to this site, so here I am.

Susanna777

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs. :)

3. Susanna777

Susanna777 Private E-2

Wow that was fast. I didn't expect a reply that fast.

Thanks Laura. Any pointers you can give me about the site?

4. LauraR

Everyone here is very friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgable. Basically, just jump right in.

If you have a question, start your own thread as it's frowned upon to tack it on to someone else's. If you have an answer, again, jump right in. :)

If you want to read the official forum rules, they are right here. But basically, it's just respect everyone and MGs does not allow anything illegal.

Btw, I love sci fi. Are you hoping to get published?

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks Susanna!:wave I am thinking about going back to the Penguin on one or two of my 'puters.

Like Laura said, just start a thread and ask. If you are not sure, ask here and someone will help you decide where to post it.

E

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome aboard..

7. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

a warm welcome to the forums :)

Emms

8. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave Susanna777

Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

9. Susanna777

Susanna777 Private E-2

Yes, I hope to.

Thanks everybody for the welcome.

10. The_Box.

The_Box. Private E-2

Welcome, you should share a sample of your work sometime!

11. Susanna777

Susanna777 Private E-2

Sure, I guess. I wouldn't know where to post any of it. It's a work in progress but I could post the prologue and first chapter if anyone is interested.

12. LauraR

Would be fun to read. :) If you'd like to, post it in the Lounge. It's the off topic forum here.

13. Susanna777

Susanna777 Private E-2

Okay, thanks. I'll go ahead and post it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds