ethernet controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xshattered_wingsx, Jul 13, 2005.

1. xshattered_wingsx

xshattered_wingsx Private E-2

I've recently been trying to get a second computer hooked onto dsl- and I cant seem to get it to work. I've tried every way of hooking it up to the internet- wireless, internal, and actually connecting my computer with a wire to it. I really dont want to stick with having a wire running all the way to my computer! (not that it even works anyways :( ...) I have a dell dimension 2400 and in the device manager, it says that there's a problem with my ethernet controller. The company is broadcom and it's a bcm440x integrated ethernet controller. I think that the ethernet controller has something to do with me not being able to get it onto the internet. If any one can help me I'd really, really appreciate it. I dont know what to do to fix it! I tried to reinstall the driver, but I couldn't find any cds that work with it. Thanks to anyone who decides to help me :D! And please if you reply to this, don't make it too complicated... I'm not the greatest with computers... :eek:

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Here is a link to both the driver for that NIC and a diagnostic utility for it:

support.dell.com

I assume since you are able to post in this forum, you may be able to download them and get them onto the affected computer.

3. xshattered_wingsx

xshattered_wingsx Private E-2

omg!!! it worked!! i'll love you forever!!!! thanks soooo much!!!!!! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds