Stuck in "now entering power save mode"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowchao99, Mar 31, 2007.

1. shadowchao99

shadowchao99 Private E-2

Well as of yesterday, whenever I turn on my computer (hp pavilion a210e) it automatically enters power save mode, and my keyboard and mouse become unresponsive. Their lights turn on like their connected but nothing goes through to the computer. When the pc turns on, the cd drives open and that is the only reason I know it's on. Besides from the first initial light, there are no lights. Just the one light and the fan. Please help me, if any other information is needed, I can provide it.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Can you hear any clicking noises.
    Switch off. Earth yourself with a wrist strap, if you have one - if not touch the metal casing, or, a radiator to remove static, before touching anything inside the case.Remove power connection lead
    Do you get a single beep on startup? If not check ram.
    If you do check IDE leads
    .Check all the IDE connections, and that the ram is properly seated- remove and replace,would be best.

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you post your system components there are plenty of helpers, here at majorgeeks
    Welcome to majorgeeks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds