Sony Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Itsme1, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Itsme1

Itsme1 Private E-2

We are trying to install a wireless card in the laptop however it says that the software cannot be installed because it can not find the software, yet the software is in the computer.

What do we do from here? Any ideas?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Not really, I need more information. What software? Downloaded? Extracted? Did you tell it exactly where the inf file resides? CD-ROM?

3. Itsme1

Itsme1 Private E-2

the software that comes with the wireless card..Extracted from CD.. the cd that came with the card...

It came with the CD Rom and we told it where the inf belongs.

The box that the stuff came in is

Belkin CardBus 2.4 GHz Wireless
    802.11b
    11 MBps
    its the D-Link AirPlus
    Wireless cardbus adapter

I dont know what else to say, we had a dlink there and it stopped working so we went out and bought another and tried to install but for some reason we cant. I am not sure if its worth taking somewhere and having someone check if of my lap top is....... trash now?

4. Itsme1

Itsme1 Private E-2

I think its the computer but would someone be able to fix that?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds