i got this old GIGBYTE GA-RC415 motherboard. where can i find the right drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by thenwhat, Jul 5, 2013.

1. thenwhat

thenwhat Private E-2

Attached Files:

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

What is the model of your machine ? Is a laptop or a desktop ? In case your machine is a laptop you can search at the bottom of the laptop a sticker located with the model , in other case , there is a sticker on the desktop's case with either model number or product number , what is your Operating System ? :wave

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The motherboard may no longer be supported by Gigabyte.

There's another page where you can search for the motherboard driver according to the socket you have on the board located here.

I can't guarantee you'll find what you need though.

4. thenwhat

thenwhat Private E-2

it is a desktop. i use windows xp sp3.
    i built the pc myself, but the motherboard broke a few days go. so i got this old ga-rc415 as a quick replacement.

theres a sticker tagged on it:
    "C2D-1.8G/215
    1 M/BIOS: YF04
    LGE/DKP/MLB/EBR3684401/'07.05"

i dont know what those means. is that any help?

5. falconattack

On the other hand if you can't find the drivers you can find the hardware id's from the missing devices following this

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here :wave

6. thenwhat

thenwhat Private E-2

Other devices>SM Bus Controller>Hardware Ids
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_80151854&REV_14
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_80151854
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&CC_0C0500
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&CC_0C05

thats the only one with no installed driver.

i've already found and downloaded the sound and network drivers. im planning to reformat so what other drivers do i need to find?

7. falconattack

8. thenwhat

thenwhat Private E-2

thanks i've just installed it! ;)

it says ATI Chipset Driver for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000. is there a version of this for windows 7...just in case.

9. falconattack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds