WIN-98 lost program window

Discussion in 'Software' started by drgnrider, Sep 19, 2004.

1. drgnrider

drgnrider Private E-2

WIN-98
    PENT2-450mHz
    352 MB RAM
    12 G HD

Have a program screen that disappears whenever I try to use the “restore” button on the top right. It acts like I chose to minimize it. The button is still present in the taskbar, but to view it again I have to choose “maximize”.
    My question: is there a .ini file (or other file) that points to default window size and location?

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

It sounds like it's specific to a certain program, since you didn't mention it was happening to any/all windows. Did this just start happening, or has it been like this since the program in question was installed? Could be a bug in the program itself.

It's been awhile, but I believe if you open Windows Explorer, go to 'tools', then 'folder options', then choose 'view', there's an option to 'always maximize' folders when opened.

3. drgnrider

drgnrider Private E-2

The programs that are currently not opening properly are MS Photo editor, worked up until about a month ago, and now MS outlook express.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds