Forgotten Pre-shared key for WLAN!?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by TrollJester, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TrollJester

TrollJester Private E-2

:-o
    I seem to have mis-placed the password (called 'Pre-shared key for WLAN' on my phone) for accessing my WLAN router!
    Is there a way to find out what it is?
    I am automatically signed in on this Laptop but I'd like to connect with another PC & a smartphone.

Set up is a PC running Windows Vista, Router is a Netgear WNR834B.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you're referring to the WEP or WPA key, you can use WirelessKeyView which will display the WEP/WPA 'password' used to connect to a wireless router. If you're talking about the login password for the router, the password you need if you try to connect to 192.168.1.1 (or ...0.1) then you'll have to use the reset button on the router; hold it in for 20-30 seconds to reset it to factory defaults. You can then login using the original username and password which are commonly 'admin' and 'password' respectively, or 'admin' for both the name and password.

3. TrollJester

TrollJester Private E-2

Thanks dlb, I'll give the WirelessKeyView a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds