DVD plays.. but no audio Gateway

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benindavisca, Jun 25, 2009.

1. benindavisca

benindavisca Private E-2

Ok .. dvd player seeeeeems to work fine but there is no audio. I can play a cd in that drive and the audio is there. I have audio for everything except dvd's ANY dvd's. Gateway 550GR NEC DVD RW ND 251A . When looking at the trouble shooters and device managers everything says its working properly.. but no sound.. HELP! What other information do you fellas/gals need to help me out?

Ben

2. fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue Private E-2

3. benindavisca

benindavisca Private E-2

I have Interactual player and Windows MediaPlayer.. both up to date. I will try the VLC.

4. benindavisca

benindavisca Private E-2

OK so I downloaded the VLC and ran it.. POOF ! I got sound when I play a dvd.. so NOW... Im wondering.. WTF? Interactual doesnt work.. MediaPlayer doesnt work... I had PowerDVD but it was a trial version and that was over long ago.. now I cant get rid of the F@#$%@ program. If I had any to spare Id be pulling my hair out!!

5. fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue Private E-2

The programs you were trying to use lacked the neccessary codec for what you were trying to play.
    I have a paid for Intevideo WinDVD6 & it's pretty good but I also have VLC.

The best way to het rid of the unwanted program involves working in the Windows registry .
    If you are comfortable with that I can provide pretty good instructions.

6. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Yes I have not yet come across a video that VLC cannot play ...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds