Sound Card Drivers are being a Pain

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheKolkster, Oct 29, 2004.

1. TheKolkster

TheKolkster Private E-2

I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Digital card from creative. My model number is SB0220. Alright, so heres my story

I decided to wipe my computer because I was being hit up with adware and I didn't feel like dealing with it (it was about time anyway). After I wipe, I can't find the install CD for my soundcard. No biggie, I was able to download a copy from a friend and burn it. Uh oh... now I have a problem. Whenever I run Setup, it always tells me that I dont have a Sound Blaster sound card on my system (Yes i do!) It comes up in device manager (Multimeda Audio controller) So i try and install the drivers manually and it works, but it installed "Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor" which I don't think was wrong before, but my sound card does work. Only 2 out of the 5 speakers, though. Running setup is so much easier. It installs everything I need. Oh yeah, I do have onboard audio, but I already uninstalled them so that shouldn't be the problem

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. DarkangelUK

DarkangelUK Private E-2

I have the same card. Get the latest drivers off the creative website (try this link). Uninstall any previous drivers, reboot then it'll try to automaticly install the card, just cancel it then run the driver installer you downloaded (LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe 23.2mb), reboot again and all should be fine. During installation it'll ask what speakers you have (5.1 etc) and wether you want to set to digital output by default, click No to this.

3. TheKolkster

TheKolkster Private E-2

How can I cancel the installation? I don't know how to stop it. It just says "Found new hardware" and installs. Theres no cancel button or anything.

4. DarkangelUK

DarkangelUK Private E-2

I get a Driver not Verified box pop up and asks me if i want to continue anyway or stop installation. I just click stop installation.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds