Bluescreen...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moGGe-bRuNo, Mar 21, 2005.

1. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

Lately my computer has started to crash into bluescreen while i am playing games.. (Morrowind and Heroes III is the only games i've played lately).. And in the errormessage it says something about my graphicscard being ****ed up.. and it says something about the driver nv4_disp.dl

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 3 Ti 200 and my os is WinXp SP 2

someone please help me! I wanna play morrowind!

2. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

oh and i have tried reinstalling the drivers for the graphics card...

3. kyme_17

kyme_17 Private E-2

hmm... i had the same problem lately.. try to move your memory into the other slots.. and hey try to use memtest86...

if this doesnt solve the problem try to download other drivers execpt from nvidia..

4. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

It used to work before.. so then it shouldn't be that the memories are in the wrong slots.. My guess is that it is something with the drivers.. what "other drivers" do you mean that i should try installing?

5. kyme_17

kyme_17 Private E-2

6. kyme_17

kyme_17 Private E-2

and hey check your heatsinks for dust... it may be a heat problem..

7. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

hehe that is very possible.. it's quite a lot of dust in my computer

8. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

Hmm.. the omega drivers installation program seems to have locked.. is it normal that it takes a lot of time to install it?

9. moGGe-bRuNo

moGGe-bRuNo Private E-2

yey.. it seems to be working.. but i am not sure yet.. it usually takes some time for the blescreen to appear.. but anyway, i got both finer graphics details and higher framerate after installing the omega drivers and removing the dust from the computer. I used an hairdryer and blowed all the dust out. I only say: WHAT a dustcloud! :D

10. Olley

Olley Sergeant

i used to have the same problem, and after reseating my ram i got rid of the BSOD, but now after buying more RAM and a new graphics card the problem is back!

11. kyme_17

kyme_17 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds