pavilion dv2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by illwill, Sep 15, 2009.

1. illwill

illwill Private E-2

I can't connect to the ISP web page to connect to the internet. I have re-installed window vista and all of the drivers. I have tried the HP support site, but they gave up . What can I do to fix this problem? Help me PLEASE!!:cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Service Pack to Vista do you have installed? and are you fully upto date with all updates?

In Device Manager do you see any yellow ! marks by any device, if so what?

What is your security software and does it come with a firewall (please name the software used), if do disable the firewall to test I'd that is the issue blocking you from the Internet.

In Vista's connection centre at the top is generally a depiction of your connection from PC to Router to Internet, if there is a red x at one part then which one and click the red x so that windows tries to troubleshoot the problem

3. illwill

illwill Private E-2

windows vista home premium
    service pack 2
    windows defender
    the yellow marks are"other devices" 3 base system device and one unknown device.

the computer didn't have a recovery disc and i could not do an system restore with the backup drive. your help would be great... thanks
    i can connect to the local network but i can't get to the isp page. i am in iraq so i don't have the normal road runner, it would be as if you are paying for the internet at a hotel .

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. DavidGP

Hi

Whats the exact model number DV2000 of the PC, should be on a sticker underneath the PC, as their are quite a few varients of this PC http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...R135-1&h_query=dv2000+&submit.x=7&submit.y=11 as that will make suggesting any drivers more accurate

But if you have system devices missing then that generally leans to the Chipset drivers not being installed, so install the Chipset from here as by looking at 10 or so of those models they all seem to come with same Chipset, then reboot and let us know what yellow ! marks are left, as you can connect to a LAN, seems like you have that one already.

As for internet, I dont know RoadRunners service or how they tie your account to your access, but if its DSL and like many ISPs here in the UK, its tied to your actual phone line and number so if you are in a different country you wont get access to your normal internet service, depending on if your military or civilian their, yould have to check on the Satelite WiFi service that could be setup close to the area you are in.

Have a look at your WiFi icon in the System Tray and click it and see if any WiFi services pop up.

And when you open your browser and say choose another webpage thats not your ISP does it come up or what error message do you get?

5. illwill

illwill Private E-2

dv2415nr i tried loading the drivers, it siad does not meet minimum requirements

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. DavidGP

Hi

Is your Vista 32bit or 643bit?

Did you download from my link or did you search HP support for the model and drivers? if you used my link it was a guess based on a generic model number of Dv2000 and the actual DV2415nr drivers are here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=3439334&

That model is a newer version and IIRC is an AMD Turion CPU so install the Chipset and GFX driver are the NForce Go 430/6150 here 32bit Vista http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_15.26.html and 64bit Vista http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista64_15.26.html the drivers cover LAN etc

But as I mentioned if your trying to use your ISP service then its not going to likely work as they likely wont have the infactructure in Iraq, you'd need to connect via an internet service in Iqaq (sadly will cost if a free one is not available to you)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds